Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This lizard is both weird and amazing.The Basilisk can be found in the central American rain forest from southern Mexico to panama.They spend much of their time in trees but they are never far from a body of water.These lizards are omnivores which means they eat both plants and meat,in their case invertebrates.The most unique thing about this lizard is its amazing ability to run on water.They accomplish this with their long toes on their rear feet which have fringes of skin that increase surface area.As the run,they slap their feet down on the water creating an air pocket that keeps them from sinking. I cant get a picture on this computer so I'll post one later.

2 comments:

  1. I think this one looks cool with it walking on water. I wish I could do that. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang it i was gonna do this lizard shoot sad face

    ReplyDelete